Recipe by BarbryT
Adapted from 60-minute Gourmet by Pierre Franey. Noodles with carrots and poppy seeds. A simple, but attractive, side dish.
Top Review by Queen uh Cuisine
This was a really simple side dish. I enjoyed the poppy seeds :) It was a little bland for me so I spiced it up with a little Garlic Garni (from Gilroy, California). Thanks BarbryT
- 2 carrots, trimmed and scraped
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 8 ounces medium noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Sliver the carrots. (Slice the carrots lengthwise into quarter-inch slices; stack those slices and slice lengthwise again; cut crosswise into one-inch pieces.) You should have about one cup.
- Cook noodles in a saucepan, according to package directions, in salted water.
- Drop the carrots into boiling salted water and simmer about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain.
- When noodles are done, drain and return to the pan. Add the butter and carrots. Add the poppy seeds and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.