Recipe by velorutionista
This candy is really simple to make and is very tasty...great for any occasion, especially if you're rather strapped for time! Look for hazelnut nougat in the baking aisle or in specialty cooking shops. It's the same stuff that's on the inside of Three Musketeers bars, so if you're desperate, you can peel off the chocolate coating and use that (yes, I have done this!).
- 1⁄2 lb hazelnuts, nougat
- 1⁄4 lb dark chocolate (60%-70% cocoa)
- 2 ounces chopped roasted almonds
- 2 ounces chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces golden raisins
- 1 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt nougat and chocolate together in double boiler. (If you don't have a double boiler, bring about 1 cup water to boil in medium saucepan and then stick a bowl over the boiling water--works just as well!).
- When mixture is completely melted together, stir in nuts, fruit, and zest.
- Line a bread loaf pan with waxed paper and pour mixture into it.
- Let harden for a few hours in the fridge before removing from loaf pan.
- Cut into slices before serving.