Recipe by dadsnewworld
My Grandfather was a cook in the army in WWII. One day his supply shipment was late by a day and he had an entire camp to feed with nothing but eggs, huge slab of pork, and saltine crackers. He came up with this recipe and it is truly OUT OF THIS WORLD!!
- 1 (28 ounce) box saltine crackers (large box)
- 6 large eggs
- 6 -8 slices thick sliced pork tenderloin
- 1 -4 cup vegetable oil or 1 -4 cup corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tenderloins in half.
- Use a meat tenderizing hammer to flatten each half into thin tenderloins.
- The thinner the better.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Crush the 2 packages of saltine crackers (you may need more as time goes on) in another medium sized mixing bowl.
- They should be crushed into a fine almost powder.
- Dip the tenderloins into the eggs, then into the crushed saltines.
- The tenderloin should be completely covered in egg and saltines.
- Fill an open skillet (electric skillet is preferred, but a skillet on the stove will work too) with enough oil so that it is half way up the tenderloins when they are placed in the skillet.
- Preheat the skillet to 325-350°F.
- Fry each tenderloin (both sides) until golden brown.
- Serve on large buns or plain.
- They are GREAT with sweet onions and ketchup.