Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cheesy title. Came up with this off the top of my head a few hours ago Not a bad alternative to 'fat free, low calorie' cakes laden with oil or topped with buttercream!
- 40 g dried prunes
- 40 g dried dates
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons low-fat drinking cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 300 g fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 7 g granulated artificial sweetener
- 100 g self raising flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- artificial sweetener
- Place the dates and prunes in a sauce pan with a couple of teaspoons of water or apple juice and heat until liquid is gone and fruit is softened.
- Beat fruit until pureed and place in mixing bowl.
- One at a time add the eggs, vanilla essence, condensed milk, golden syrup, sweetener and chocolate powders. Mix well.
- Finally fold in the flour and put the mixture into a greased cake tin (use low calorie cooking spray, if preferred.).
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes until risen and a fork comes out clean.
- Icing (double and add more corn/cocoa powder, if desired):.
- To make the icing place all of the ingredients (minus the sweetener) in a non stick saucepan and mix well before gently heating until the mixture is just boiling & thickened well.
- Add granulated sweetener to taste.