Recipe by stashtree
This is a good way to get some protein and carbohydrates in the morning. I usually try to have all the bacon precooked so that it cuts the cook time in half in the morning. I usually serve it with a smoothie and another fruit. (this recipe is for 1 sandwich)
Top Review by loof
Great quick and filling breakfast treat! I used a piece of sliced American cheese instead of the shredded cheddar and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for My-3-Chefs 2012
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet on medium heat, start cooking the bacon.
- Cut the English muffin in half and shred the cheese.
- When the bacon is almost done, push it to the side of the skillet and lower the heat.
- Creak the egg in to the pan.
- While the egg is cooking, toast the muffin.
- When the egg is almost done flip it over and fold it in on itself to make it small enough to fit on the muffin.
- When the muffin, egg and bacon are all finished cooking, while they are still very warm, put the cheese on the bottom half of the muffin, then the egg.
- Fold the bacon strips in half and pile on the egg.
- If you have an cheese left over you can layer it in there and then put the top of the muffin on.
- Let the heat from the egg and bacon melt the cheese for a minute.