1/3 Photos of Not Your Usual Date Bars
This is my adopted recipe as of Feb. 2005. This is pretty darned good if I do say so. I changed the recipe to use 1 1/2 cups dates as suggested by the reviewer. This is more like cake than date bars. I didn't bother with the icing.
My Private Note
10x15 j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml dates, chopped
- 59.14 ml milk
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml sour cream or 177.44 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- 1In saucepan cook dates, milk and cream cheese over medium-low heat until dates are soft and mixture is blended.
- 2Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, vanilla and sour cream or yogurt and mix well.
- 3Mix baking soda and salt with flour and add to mixture, mixing well.
- 4Stir in by hand, slightly cooled date mixture and nuts.
- 5Spread in greased 15x10 jellyroll pan.
- 6Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- 8Brown the butter on low heat, be careful not to burn.
- 9Stir into remaining ingredients, beat until smooth.
- 10Add small amount of milk if icing is too thick; spread over warm bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Usual Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g