Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have always loved homemade breads on the sweet side. This is a recipe I came up with after experimenting with a bunch of different ones. I couldnt find any repeats but there are millions out there. I only prepare the dough in my ABM. Once the dough cycle is finished I put it in a bread pan raise for 45 minutes or so and bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Add ingredients in listed order to bread machine on dough cycle.
- Once cycle has ran through roll dough into loaf and place in loaf pan.
- Let raise til doubled (about 45 minutes).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from pan after cooling for 5 minutes and let cool on wire rack.
This is my go-to bread. I just love it. The recipe makes more than my loaf pan can hold, so I usually shape an additional small free-form loaf. Sometimes I add dried cherries and white chocolate chips, which I think makes it taste a lot like a bread you can get at Great Harvest Bread Company stores.
Very nice easy sweet bread which was a hit in the school lunches. Thank you for adding this!