Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the applesauce, bananas, cocoa powder, stevia, salt and cardamom in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over low heat for about 2 minutes, whisking to blend everything.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Mix in the banana mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop onto a parchment lined or lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until they look slightly underdone (like other chocolate chips cookies, they will firm up after they are cooling).
- Let rest on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.