Recipe by Roosie
Whoo-hoo!! Another healthier cookie recipe! ;) It's easy to make these vegan- just use vegan chocolate chips and you're there! Personally I would use all whole wheat pastry flour and sucanat instead of sugar. This recipe came to me from Taste For Life magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the oil, bananas, sugar, salt and cardamom in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over low heat for about 2 minutes, whisking to blend everything.
- Sift together the flours and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Mix in the banana mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop onto a parchment-lined or lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until they look slightly underdone (like other chocolate chips cookies, they will firm up after they are cooling).
- Let rest on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.