An easy curry, creamy and slightly sweet. My children loved this when they were young, my dad took the recipe back to Scotland and it became his staple chicken curry recipe. My mum still makes it, without the chicken, she just likes the sauce! Its versatile, feel free to adapt to your own taste. Its from Readers Digest, Quick & Thrifty Cooking
- Melt the butter/margarine in a large heavy frying pan, over moderately high heat.
- Add the onion and apple, cook for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Blend in the flour, add the chicken stock and cream, and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, curry powder, cayenne pepper and ginger.
- Add the chicken and cook, covered, over very low heat, for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- A sambal of chopped cucumbers, spring onions and radishes, moistened with a little white vinegar, is good with curry.