Recipe by KimmieOH
We love perogies! I thought why not create my own version. I took these to a Christmas Party and they won rave reviews and I also took home an empty 9 x 13 -- not a CRUMB to be found!
Top Review by GaylaV
We really liked these little babies. I didn't have any green onion on hand and yes, I did miss them. I fried some onions in about 1/4 cup butter and put them on the bottom of the baking dish before putting the shells in. I served them with sour cream just as I do perogies. These will definitely appear on our table again. Thanks for posting this little gem.
- 26 large pasta shells (cooked and drained)
- 2 lbs mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- potato, topping
- green onion (sliced tops included)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil and drain pasta shells.
- Mix mashed potatoes, garlic salt, onion salt, dried minced onions and 4oz. of cheese.
- (You may use cold or heated mashed potatoes-I prefer heated).
- Using a small melon scoop, gourmet decorator or an Easy Accent decorator or even a small spoon, fill the shells with the potato mixture.
- Place stuffed shells in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Top shells with remaining cheese, green onions and potato topping, (I place 3 very small dabs of butter on top of the cheese before baking so they wont dry out).
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until ready.