Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love perogies! I thought why not create my own version. I took these to a Christmas Party and they won rave reviews and I also took home an empty 9 x 13 -- not a CRUMB to be found!
- 26 large pasta shells (cooked and drained)
- 2 lbs mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- potato, topping
- green onion (sliced tops included)
- Boil and drain pasta shells.
- Mix mashed potatoes, garlic salt, onion salt, dried minced onions and 4oz. of cheese.
- (You may use cold or heated mashed potatoes-I prefer heated).
- Using a small melon scoop, gourmet decorator or an Easy Accent decorator or even a small spoon, fill the shells with the potato mixture.
- Place stuffed shells in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Top shells with remaining cheese, green onions and potato topping, (I place 3 very small dabs of butter on top of the cheese before baking so they wont dry out).
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until ready.
We really liked these little babies. I didn't have any green onion on hand and yes, I did miss them. I fried some onions in about 1/4 cup butter and put them on the bottom of the baking dish before putting the shells in. I served them with sour cream just as I do perogies. These will definitely appear on our table again. Thanks for posting this little gem.
Fabulous! I'm Polish and German and let me just say...pierogis without all the work! Thanks for posting Kimmie!
These were great, just like perogis. I served them with spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping. YUMMY! They ate them all!!