1/2 Photos of Not Your Ordinary Shrimp Cocktail
2 hrs 30 mins
I got this from our family friend Ray. He calls it Mexican shrimp cocktail. It is different but delicious. This gets served in cups with spoons You can modify this: add jalapenos if you like, less hot sauce, less cilantro....you get the idea. Play to the crowd that you will be feeding. My kids like me to make it and we keep it in the fridge for 3 or 4 days and munch on it for lunch or snacks until it is gone. Try it before you decide you don't like it, you might be pleasantly surprised!! **Cooking time is cooling time to allow the flavors to marry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse shrimp in cold water and drain. Place in large bowl.
- 2Dice sweet onion and add to same bowl.
- 3Add water, then ketchup. If using hot sauce add now. Mix all ingredients well.
- 4Chop cilantro, add to the bowl and mix inches.
- 5*If you want to add jalapenos, add them in step 2. Seeded for not too much heat or seeds included for full heat.*.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Ordinary Shrimp Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 835.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g