Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
i've always loved macaroni salad but never cared for the raw celery most recipes call for. and all that mayo? no thanks! my answer to that? use cucumber and less mayo.
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- black pepper
- boil pasta til cooked.
- cut ham & cheese into 1/2" cubes.
- de-seed and dice cucumber.
- finely dice jalapeño & onion.
- once pasta is cool, combine all ingredients and chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- you can use more or less olive oil depending on personal preference. this is a very flavorful dish without a heavy sauce.