Recipe by gailanng
This produces a delectable chip and nut cookie. Though the combination of nuts can be altered, as well as the type of chips (milk, semi-sweet, white), the one thing stay true to the recipe is the addition of the liqueur.
Top Review by BakinBaby
What a cookie! Flavor was excellent, and they had a great crispy texture. I made half with chocolate chips, the other with white chocolate. Thanks for a great cookie that went straight to my favorite file for 2011.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons liqueur, such as Frangelico, Kahlua, Amaretto
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) bags chocolate chips, any combination of milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Beat first five ingredients in electric mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
- Add into butter mixture the chocolate chips and all chopped nuts.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 14 -16 minutes.
- Cool on racks.