Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Enough said! Cheese ball,yea, kinda over done, tend to be store bought and gross. Not this bad boy! COOKS NOTES: use what ever nut like cereal nuggets you prefer!
- 1⁄2 cup neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 48 fat-free crackers
- Combine Neufchatel cheese and yogurt, stirring until smooth.
- Add Cheddar cheese and next 5 ingredients; stir well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap cheese ball in wax paper and chill.
- Combine cereal nuggets and parsley. Roll cheese ball in cereal mixture just before serving. Serve with fat-free crackers.
i made this for a christmas party and i rolled it in chopped nuts and parsley instead of the cereal. it was a hit! everyone loved it. i think next time i will add more horseradish to it for mor of a kick but its nice for a low fat cheeseball and no one knew it was low fat! thanks for a great ball!