1/1 Photo of Not Your Ordinary BLT Sandwich
There's nothing better than fresh tomatoes in season & there's nothing better than this creative BLT variation. It makes a great lunch, potluck pleaser, patio party winner or picnic favorite. Recipe source is Florida Tomato Committee, altho I amended the original recipe slightly. Enjoy! .. *Edited to Add* -- This recipe was included for Greece in ZWT6 due to its use of feta cheese as a primary ingredient. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Use tomatoes held at room temp till fully ripe. Quarter tomatoes & remove the seedy moist centers so only the "meat" of the tomato is used. Coarsely chop tomato meat, place in a lrg bowl & set aside.
- 3Slice off the top of each hard roll & remove the center for a later use. Brush inside of rolls (& their tops) w/2 tbsp of the creamy dressing. Bake till lightly toasted (about 5 min) & set aside.
- 4Add the lettuce, bacon, green onions, feta cheese & remaining Caesar dressing to the bowl w/the tomatoes & toss till well-mixed.
- 5Spoon BLT mix into toasted bread shells. Place tops of rolls over the filling & serve immediately.
- 6NOTES: If you want to do the prep ahead, but serve later -- delay the final step till just prior to serving. Sliced avocado also makes a nice "extra" w/this sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Ordinary BLT Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.8
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 1092.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 11.3 g