Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Okay, I know that when you read this you are probably going to say "GROSS", but I've been making this sandwich over the summer and everyone who has tried it likes it. It is different! I got the recipe from the National Watermelon Board (who knew there was such a thing!?!)
- 2 slices bread (your choice, but it needs to be thick)
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 slice seedless watermelon (cut about 1/3 inch thick and about as the same width as your bread)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Spread the pesto over 1 side of each slice of toast.
- On one slice of toast stack the cheese, watermelon, tomato, bacon and lettuce on top of pesto.
- Place the other slice of toast, pesto side down, on top of the lettuce.
- Cut in half and enjoy.