Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ok, so it may not qualify as a lasagna with the lack of lasagna noodles, but it's still just as good!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces penne rigate
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 tablespoons italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, brown hamburger in a skillet. Season with 3 tbsp of the Italian Seasoning. Add garlic about 5 minutes before hamburger is done. Drain and set aside.
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 cup parmesan, eggs, remaining Italian seasoning and basil in a large bowl.
- Return hamburger to skillet and add spaghetti sauce, reserving about 1/2 cup. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- While meat mixture is heating, add pasta to cheese mixture. Gently stir to combine.
- Spay a 13x9 inch baking pan evenly with the cooking spray.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce into the pan and spread evenly.
- Layer the mixtures as follows: pasta/cheese mix, meat mix, 1/2 remaining mozzarella, and 1/2 remaining parmesan. Repeat layers once.
- Cover and bake for about 35 minutes or until bubbling hot. Uncover and bake additional 10 minutes.