1/1 Photo of Not Your Mother's Shredded Beef Enchiladas
This requires some planning ahead since the meat needs to marinate overnight which is NOT included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the steak
- 2 lbs tri-tip steak, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup anejo tequila
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chili, diced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the enchiladas
- 1One day ahead, make the steak: In a slow cooker, combine the steak, water, tequila, garlic, and 1 serrano chile. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook, on low, until very tender, about 12 hours or overnight. Shred the steak.
- 2Make the enchiladas:.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Combine the tomatillo and tomato sauces in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until hot. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- 5Heat the black beans in another saucepan.
- 6Combine little of the sauce, a bit of the black beans, a smidgen of the cheese, small morsels of the steak, and hints of the diced canned chiles in each tortilla and roll, keeping the ends untucked. Arrange the rolls in the pans and pour the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and remaining chiles.
- 7Cover the pans with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Mother's Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1689.0
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 2788.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 210.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 75.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tomatillo sauce