Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No canned soup in this version! I improvised on a recipe I found in the 1968 copy of New Casserole Cookery,by Marian Tracy, a casserole pioneer who published her first book in 1941. Bacon, as always, takes this recipe over the top.
- Break uncooked spaghetti into 2 inch pieces. Put in pot of boiling, salted water 7-8 minutes. Drain.
- Fry bacon till crispy. Remove bacon and in remaining bacon grease saute mushrooms, onions and peppers till soft.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 13X 9 inch baking dish layer 1/3 of the cooked spaghetti, then 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
- Repeat until there are 3 layers.
- Pour heavy cream all over.
- Cover with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.