Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really simple, versitile recipe. I also use this recipe for meat balls. These patties are also great left over, which is perfect if you are a single girl like myself.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (5 ounce) package chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Crush the stuffing a little bit, making it look like very course bread crumbs. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. You may need more or less sauce depending on how moist you like your meat. (I use about 1/2 a jar.) Form into patties and place on a greased baking sheet. I suggest you use a roasting pan to allow the fat to drip away. Tent aluminum foil over the patties and bake for 30-45 minutes or until cooked through.
These were OK for us. For us this had too much stuffing in it. I would up the meat to atleast a pound and a half. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
I made this exactly as written but substituted ground beef for the turkey and after I took the photo, the kids decided we should melt cheddar cheese on them. So, I took a pic of that too. We really enjoyed them, but next time I will reduce the garlic to 1/4 tsp as it was a bit strong for me. I can't wait to try this in a sandwich tomorrow. Thx Katy!
Made 2 changes: I used minced garlic from the fridge for the garlic powder and made 8 patties out of this which was plenty for us. We had them with sweet potato fries and green beans & carmalized onions. We liked them, just didn't love them. These were easy to put together and I usually have the ingredients for them in the house. Will be adding them to my meatloaf file. I'm freezing 4 of them for other meals. Thanks for sharing!