Recipe by Baby Kato
I'm not a huge potato salad fan, but I do enjoy it prepared this way. It's like a fully loaded baked potato in salad form. Cooking time included chilling time. I hope you will enjoy this tasty salad.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Such a nice change from my traditional potato salad -- loved the chili powder/cayenne addition. I used mayo, coarse grain dijon and all red bell pepper as that is what I had on hand and prefer. Can't wait to serve this with my New Year's dinner of blackeyed peas, cabbage, bbq ribs and cornbread. Definitely a great way to celebrate a Southern beginning to a New Year. Made for the For Your Consideration tag game.
- 1 lb potato, yukon gold, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup Miracle Whip (you may use mayonnaise if preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, thick
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, maple
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup garlic chives (you could use 1/8 cup green onions if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons gouda cheese, shrredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in large pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes until they are tender, drain and cool.
- In a large bowl combine the miracle whip, sour cream, mustard, chili powder and cayenne pepper, stir to blend then add the cooled potatoes and toss gently.
- Next you will add the bacon, red and yellow peppers, green onions and cheese, toss gently, cover and put in refrigerator to chill for about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve garnish your potato salad with the chives, cheese and chili powder.