Cook1 hr 30 mins
I'm not a huge potato salad fan, but I do enjoy it prepared this way. It's like a fully loaded baked potato in salad form. Cooking time included chilling time. I hope you will enjoy this tasty salad.
- 1 lb potato, yukon gold, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup Miracle Whip (you may use mayonnaise if preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, thick
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, maple
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup garlic chives (you could use 1/8 cup green onions if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons gouda cheese, shrredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place potatoes in large pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes until they are tender, drain and cool.
- In a large bowl combine the miracle whip, sour cream, mustard, chili powder and cayenne pepper, stir to blend then add the cooled potatoes and toss gently.
- Next you will add the bacon, red and yellow peppers, green onions and cheese, toss gently, cover and put in refrigerator to chill for about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve garnish your potato salad with the chives, cheese and chili powder.
Such a nice change from my traditional potato salad -- loved the chili powder/cayenne addition. I used mayo, coarse grain dijon and all red bell pepper as that is what I had on hand and prefer. Can't wait to serve this with my New Year's dinner of blackeyed peas, cabbage, bbq ribs and cornbread. Definitely a great way to celebrate a Southern beginning to a New Year. Made for the For Your Consideration tag game.
Loved the bit of spiciness in this with the chili powder, and cayenne. I used green and red peppers in this. All in all a great addition to dinner. Made this with Natalia's Marinated Steak Tips#511739
Delicious thanks BK. I used low fat mayo and sour cream, had to use a green bell pepper instead of an orange one and garnished with sliced green onion. We loved the bit of heat from the chilli and cayenne and will be making this again.