Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I got tired of the same old tuna salad sandwich and came up with this. You can use this as a spread for crackers or use as a dip for fresh veggies. The prep time doesn't include boiling the eggs. Cook time is chill time. This is better chilled overnight. I had to guesstimate on servings.
Top Review by flower7
This was pretty good - I liked the eggs, it was kind-of a tuna/egg salad combo. For lunch today at work I ate this open-faced on toast with a slice of cheese under the salad and tomorrow I'm going to make it a tuna melt by putting the cheese on top and sticking under the broiler briefly. This was nice for a change from the usual tuna salads. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water (drained)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use fat free or lite)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers