I LOVE one Dish Meals and I Strive to Live by my Motto: Eat a Rainbow a Day! So when you combine those two habits you wind up with some pretty funky yet nutritiously sound and so good tasting dishes! Once you are no longer afraid to 'think outside the box' your world will open to many a creative idea and your taste buds will thank you! This one is dedicated to my son who is the first person in my life to like and later LOVE my cooking as well as to my Peter who LOVES everything I make! I call this my Meat Poultry Legume Vegetable Loaf! Enjoy!
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 16 ounces ground chicken
- 16 ounces refried beans (Fat Free)
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- 4 cups spinach (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium eggplant (peeled cubed and steamed)
- 1 red bell pepper (roasted, then steamed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Roast one red bell pepper then slice and steam with peeled and cubed eggplant in olive oil and water to prevent sticking. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Spray two bread loaf pans with olive oil cooking spray and fill equally with mixed ingredients. Bake covered (with aluminum foil) for 50 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven. Serve with baked potatoes, corn on the cob or your favorite vegetable. Enjoy!