Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good looking cowboy from Texas gave me this recipe. I count on him for good recipes from the ranch he runs. This is one that I've had for a long time and get many requests for. It has weird ingredients, but it sure does make a tasty side dish!
- 1 lb red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb yellow potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen white corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes, carrots, garlic, and jalapeno in a large pot covered with water bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Drain water from pot.
- Microwave corn for a few minutes to heat.
- Stir corn into potatoes along with butter.
- Mash the mixture with a mixer or potato masher until butter is melted and potatoes have reached desired consistency.
- Mix in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
These are similar to another recipe on here Cowboy Mashed Potatoes #152107. I didn't use the full amount of corn. My bag of corn was already opened so I 'm not sure exactly what was left in it. We liked that the carrot was shredded so it was more cooked and not in big chunks like in the other recipe.