1/1 Photo of Not Your Mama's Chicken Salad
5 hrs 20 mins
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
I used to get this to-die-for chicken salad at a local deli when I nannied in Chicago. I've since been scouring the net for anything that even RESEMBLES it. Eventually I just gave up and called the deli, begging for the recipe, and they did give it to me. Especially for those "what to cook, it's too damn hot" nights when you're looking for something to make for dinner. Cooking time includes marinating and chilling. Thank you, "Don's Finer Foods" of Lake Bluff, IL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- fresh parsley, to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip or any other salad dressing)
CREAMY HERB DRESSING
- 1FIRST: Prepare herb dressing.
- 2Using a hand mixer, beat yogurt and sour cream together well.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 4Thaw skinless/boneless breasts, if necessary.
- 5Put them in a large, sealable container with 1/3 of the dressing and marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- 6Cook on hot grill, but be careful to not OVERCOOK, otherwise all you'll be able to taste is the charred chicken.
- 7Cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 8Toss with grapes, almonds, parsley, mayo and remaining herb dressing (amount of dressing varies to your desired consistency).
- 10Serve alone or on bed of greens with nice, crusty bread and a tall glass of iced tea or lemonade.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Mama's Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.1
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 451.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon & herb seasoning