1/2 Photos of Not Your Grandmother's Sauerbraten
7 hrs 5 mins
Serve with Knorr potato dumplings or spaetzle, sweet & sour red cabbage, and a side of applesauce! Happiness!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a bundle with the cheesecloth and the pickling spices, placing pickling spices in a square of cheesecloth and tying it off with cotton string. Mix water, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, and onion powder in a large crock pot (the one I use is a 6-quart model). Add the bundle of pickling spices.
- 2Put meat in fat side up in crock. Cook until meat is tender (low for 12 hours or high for 7-8 hours).
- 3Remove spice bundle and throw away. Do not discard the juices nor turn off the crockpot. Take meat out and allow to cool.
- 4Add 12 crumbled ginger snaps to juices that remain in the crockpot and allow to thicken.
- 5Slice the meat and return to sauce in the crockpot.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Grandmother's Sauerbraten
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.0
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 184.4 mg
- Sodium 706.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 68.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: