Serve with Knorr potato dumplings or spaetzle, sweet & sour red cabbage, and a side of applesauce! Happiness!
- Make a bundle with the cheesecloth and the pickling spices, placing pickling spices in a square of cheesecloth and tying it off with cotton string. Mix water, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, and onion powder in a large crock pot (the one I use is a 6-quart model). Add the bundle of pickling spices.
- Put meat in fat side up in crock. Cook until meat is tender (low for 12 hours or high for 7-8 hours).
- Remove spice bundle and throw away. Do not discard the juices nor turn off the crockpot. Take meat out and allow to cool.
- Add 12 crumbled ginger snaps to juices that remain in the crockpot and allow to thicken.
- Slice the meat and return to sauce in the crockpot.