1/1 Photo of Not Your Grandmother's Bread Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
Brenda G's Note:
I recently pruchased a dozen very large Hot Cross Buns on my way home from visiting my new grandson in Alberta, only to discover they were really stale (packaged in one of those "clam shells" as bakery departments are known to do). Unwilling to throw them out, I thought I should try making Bread pudding out of them. I'm going make it every Easter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dozen large hot cross bun (less one piece broken off when I discovered the freshness!)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 package Skor English toffee bit, baking pieces
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond
- 4 cups milk, scaled and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups southern butter pecan liquid coffee creamer
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Cut buns into half inch cubes.
- 2drizzle melted butter over cubes and toss gently to coat.
- 3add brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon, Skor pieces and almonds, mixing gently to combine.
- 4place in a lightly greased 4 quart casserole dish, set aside.
- 5Combine eggs, salt, and vanilla, beating until fluffy with a wisk.
- 6add liquid coffee whitener to cooled milk and wisk into egg mixture.
- 7Pour over bun cube mixture and gently press cubes into liquid.
- 8Place casserole dish in a large pan ( I used my roaster) and fill with hot water one third up the side of the casserole dish.
- 9Bake @ 350 degrees for about 1 1/4 hours, or until knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Grandmother's Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.0
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 157.2 mg
- Sodium 347.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot cross buns
Skor English toffee bits