Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This isn't even remotely like the usual sweet and sour salad... this one has feta cheese, tomatoes and yes, three types of beans, in a light lemon juice vinaigrette. It's from one of those "bargain bin cookbooks" at a big chain bookstore and it makes a great vegetarian main-dish type salad.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 6 ounces green beans, lightly cooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and black pepper
- chives (to garnish)
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, tomato paste, malt vinegar and chopped chives. Set aside.
- Combine the three kinds of beans with the dressing.
- Add the tomatoes, green onions and feta cheese to the mixture, tossing gently to thoroughly coat the salad. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange salad on plates and garnish with fresh chives.
This was great -- I loved it! I only used 2 1/2 T of olive oil and 3/4 cup feta. I had no kidney beans so used red beans instead. I made the mistake of using canned green beans so they were a bit too limp. Thanks for a tasty recipe!