Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beef stroganoff. Lay off the onion!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped leek, NO ONIONS
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with the garlic, cumin, soy sauce and Worcestershire.
- When finished browning, add the leeks, celery, beef broth, cream of mushroom soup and milk. Bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch as needed if you like the gravy really thick.
- Once simmering, add the mushrooms and salt and pepper. Cook another 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- While cooling, add the sour cream and your done!
- Serve over your favorite pasta!
- ***This is also excellent over those leftover potato dumplings!***.