Recipe by srosfeld
These may look like my grandma's rice krispie bars however, they have a twist...Cake Batter Rice Krispie Bars! I used yellow cake mix but I'm assuming these would be even better with Funfetti cake mix! I also used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter instead of butter. Either works! *Note* These do not contain cake batter or eggs (for people who just don't understand!)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is an interesting & delightful take on this kind of bars, & the colorful sprinkles (for me they're 'hundreds & thousands') made them a great kids' treat, which it was, 'cause I used plastic wrap to contain 2 each for Hallowe'en give aways, along with some other cookies I'd made! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large bowl in the microwave or a pot on the stove.
- Mix in cake mix by the spoonful until all is mixed.
- Mix in Rice Krispies until they are all coated in the goo.
- Spray 9 x 12 pan with cooking spray.
- Press into pan.
- Top with sprinkles (I prefer nonpareils).
- Let cool before serving.