Recipe by Shawn C
A different twist on deviled eggs. Using claw meat adds more crab flavor- for a milder crab flavor use white crab meat which you can buy in the can, just drain well and fingers through to make sure there are no shells
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional heat and amount up to you)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop the yolks from the eggs and set six of them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the next four ingredients.
- With the back of a fork, mash the reserved yolks and combine with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Gently fold in crab meat and add in cayenne if you want some heat.
- stuff back into eggs and sprinkle with paprika for looks.
- Refrigerate at least two hours. and fold until distributed.