Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
i grew up eating classic dishes like Meatloaf, my wife did not. so it was a challenge to create a meatloaf that even she would love. After a couple of failed attempts i finally got it right.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 large green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 large red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 4 carrots (grated)
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Put onions in large mixing bowl.
- Place bacon into food processor and render into a paste. Place paste in large mixing bowl with onions.
- Add all remaining ingredients to large bowl. Mix by hand until well blended.
- Line 13x9" baking dish with parchment paper. Add mixture and form into a "loaf" shape. Flatten loaf as much as possible. DO NOT allow mixture to touch sides of pan.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done in the middle.