A very different but wonderful EASY salsa. It's my spin on an original recipe. It is a hit wherever I take it. The ingredients are somewhat out of the ordinary, but WOW are they AWESOME when mixed!!!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 8 ounces paul newman family recipe Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄4 ounces ortega taco seasoning mix, with jalapeno & onions
- Mix everything together.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with Corn Chip Scoops.
This was really tasty! I made a small batch and ate it like a salad! Thanks! Made for Best of 2009 Cookbook tag.
Fantastic! I just loved this dip. I left out the onions, otherwise made as specified and served with Fritos scoops. This recipe makes a LOT! I served this on 2 nights, to 2 different groups of people and they all just loved it. Thanks for posting this winner! Made for Spring PAC 2009