Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
When I was first given this recipe...I was shocked at some of the ingredients! I sometimes am not very good at trying things that I think are "weird" or out of the ordinary...but this is very good!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs blade cut chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cocktail olive, drained and broken
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- Combine ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for at least 12 hours or until meat is tender.
- Make sure that the meat is completely covered by the sauce. If it isn't, add more tomato juice and balsamic vinegar.
- When serving, pour some of the sauce on top of the roast and make sure to get soem of the onions and raisins.
My3Chefs2008 This is very good. I was unsure of the raisin,tomatoe, and vinegar mixture but it came out sweet and savory in different bites. I liked that difference in the meal. Next time I would reduce the cumin as I tasted that hiding throughout, add more root veggies for color and texture. This is a keeper and I love that it has lots ofgarlic. yum