1/3 Photos of Not Your Average Moist and Tender Pork Chops Recipe
We love pork chops. I get tired of the same old so I mix it up now again and then revise. Here is a new revision to an old recipe I have been playing with. Made it for a family dinner Birthday party for DF-I-L's 82nd B-Day. Everyone raved and asked for the recipe. I was very pleased at their enjoyment. I cut the recipe down to a normal family dinner recipe as I cooked it for 18 people. Enjoy:-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 in thick (can be bone in I use both)
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice or 1/2 cup cranberry-apple juice
- 1 whole garlic, chopped
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 apples, cut into sixths
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1Soak pork chops in milk at least 30 minutes or overnight in fridge.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients together in shallow baking dish or pie plate (minus sprig of rosemary).
- 3Dredge chops in flour crumb mixture.
- 4Sear in frying pan until golden brown.
- 5Put into 9 x 13 baking dish (can overlap chops if needed).
- 6Put sliced onions, garlic, and apples on top of chops.
- 7Pour in juice.
- 8Bake in oven for 40 min at 350°F.
- 9Check for doneness.
- 10** During last 15 minute put sprig of rosemary on top of chops, adds a delicious aroma and hint at something when you eat the chops.
- 11Note if chops are thinner check after 30 minutes for doneness.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Average Moist and Tender Pork Chops Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: