Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
For a short period of time (03-04?), Not Your Average Joe's served a pizza they called "Voodoo Pizza". If they had kept it on their menu, we would have frequented their restaurant more often!! Here is my "wannabe" recipe -- how I doctor up a frozen pizza to taste like it. Yum! This pizza also echoes California Pizza Kitchen's Thai (Chicken) Pizza....
- 1 frozen pizza (e.g. cheese & pepperoni)
- 29.58-44.37 ml peanut butter (I use crunchy)
- 14.79-29.58 ml peanuts, crushed (I use dry-roasted)
- 14.79 ml thai green curry sauce
- 29.58-44.37 ml carrots, julienned
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, finely grated (more or less to taste)
- 59.14 ml onion, sliced
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- 59.14-118.29 ml bean sprouts
- 9.85-14.78 ml sesame seeds (optional)
- coriander leaves (optional)
- Sprinkle, spread and dot your favorite frozen pizza with the peanut butter, peanuts, carrots, ginger, curry sauce, onions, green onions, bean sprouts and sesame seeds.
- Bake according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Dress with coriander leaves (optional).
Ready made pizza (I used margarita) dressed up with peanut butter, green curry paste and some veggies. Not your average pizza, but very good!
Tasty pizza! I used a small Totinos canadian bacon pizza. I don't care for onions so left them out; I used red chili paste instead of green curry as that's what I had on hand. I loved the peanut flavor on this, although next time I'll melt the peanut butter and drizzle it on instead of just putting dollops on, as mine didn't melt out over the pizza as I hoped it would. This is a terrific way to dress up a ho-hum frozen pizza - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011