Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love chocolate cake you have to try this one. You'll be converted forever. This chocolate cake is made with chocolate pudding mix, but it's not a pudding! The recipe was passed on to me by one of my clients. I thought I made a great chocolate cake until I tried this one, now it's the only one we will use and it's just sooo very easy to make, so light to taste, so chocolatey and stays fresh for ages. I also use this recipe to make cupcakes for the kids lunches. It's a sure winner for all. Hope you enjoy.
- Set oven to 190oC-200oC.
- Grease and flour 9in cake pan or two smaller loaf pans.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed then pour into your pan.
- Bake until cake starts to pull away from the sides. Should be about 1/2 hr depending on which pan you use.
- Invert cake onto wire rack cooler.
- When cold, ice with your favourite frosting.
- I cheat and buy ready made frosting. Thank you Betty Crocker.
The previous reviewer was totally correct; bake this cake using the recommended oven temperature on the cake mix box. I also reduced the amount of oil to 1/4 cup, and substituted canned applesauce for the balance of the oil I omitted.
OMG!!!! This recipe is totally awesome!!! I agree with you because I will always use this recipe from now on! So very simple, yet is so moist and wonderful...My daughter actually baked this cake and decided to use her own frosting recipe (posted her recipe for "Cheyenne's Brownies".) I didn't know what 190oC to 200oC meant, so I went by the cake mix box and baked it at 350 degrees. Oh, also, we used "Devil's Food" cake mix, and it turned out to be outstanding! Thank you for posting this! It's a keeper! :)