Recipe by tummy*yummies
If you love chocolate cake you have to try this one. You'll be converted forever. This chocolate cake is made with chocolate pudding mix, but it's not a pudding! The recipe was passed on to me by one of my clients. I thought I made a great chocolate cake until I tried this one, now it's the only one we will use and it's just sooo very easy to make, so light to taste, so chocolatey and stays fresh for ages. I also use this recipe to make cupcakes for the kids lunches. It's a sure winner for all. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by bjgourmet
The previous reviewer was totally correct; bake this cake using the recommended oven temperature on the cake mix box. I also reduced the amount of oil to 1/4 cup, and substituted canned applesauce for the balance of the oil I omitted.
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 190oC-200oC.
- Grease and flour 9in cake pan or two smaller loaf pans.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed then pour into your pan.
- Bake until cake starts to pull away from the sides. Should be about 1/2 hr depending on which pan you use.
- Invert cake onto wire rack cooler.
- When cold, ice with your favourite frosting.
- I cheat and buy ready made frosting. Thank you Betty Crocker.