Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
They're not yo mama's lima beans because they're my mama's... These lima beans are sooo tasty! My mom started making these when my dad asked her to try to replicate my grandma's old recipe, but I think she really outdid grandma with these! So good, even the kids will eat them!
- 16 ounces lima beans, soaked and drained
- smoked turkey necks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- pepper (to taste)
- thyme (a dash)
- CROCK POT: Put all ingredients into a large crock pot and cook for 5-6 hours until beans are soft.
- OVEN: Mix together all ingredients and bake covered at 325 degrees until beans are soft.
- STOVE TOP: Put all ingredients into a dutch oven or stock pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until beans are soft. If there is too much liquid, cook uncovered for about another hour to evaporate the liquid.
- **Water should be enough to almost cover the neckbones, but not completely submerge them.
- **Adjust seasonings to taste!