Recipe by Sue Lau
Just a little something I threw together in the crockpot. Goes nicely over cooked noodles or rice, or even better- with a nice loaf of crusty Italian bread to soak up the sauce. Some nice Chianti wine would be excellent with this!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (chopped if desired)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or a combination of oregano, marjoram, and basil, with a pinch of sage)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops in oil in a skillet.
- Place chops in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover chops with peppers, onions, and artichoke hearts.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over vegetables in the crockpot.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours on high or on low for 5-8 hours or until pork chops are just cooked through and tender (your time may vary with your appliance so check!).
- Serve with cooked noodles, rice, or crusty Italian bread, if desired (I also sprinkled with Parmesan and red pepper flakes).