I was craving Mexican food, so decided to make some for lunch, but didn't want to make anything too spicy, since I was cooking for 4 young children. Living in Israel, it's very hard to find any Mexican ingredients or pre-prepared Mexican foods, so I made do. The end result was very yummy and loved by all! When we made more for 2nd helpings, my 6 year old helped me make it. NB: This can be topped with a simple guacomole (mashed avocado with a bit of garlic and onion) for extra flavour and nutrition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place one tortilla on pizza tray. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with a 2nd tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 2Put "crusts" in oven to pre-bake at 375F/180C for 5 minutes.
- 3While that's pre-baking, mix together mushrooms, olives, and corn in a strainer and let sit to remove liquid.
- 4While they drain, mash the beans (to disguise them from picky kids). Add garlic powder to taste, diced tomato, and minced onions.
- 5When crust is ready, top with bean mixture, then vegetable mix. Top with more cheese.
- 6Bake another few minutes until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Very Mexican Pizza (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 1513.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g