Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was craving Mexican food, so decided to make some for lunch, but didn't want to make anything too spicy, since I was cooking for 4 young children. Living in Israel, it's very hard to find any Mexican ingredients or pre-prepared Mexican foods, so I made do. The end result was very yummy and loved by all! When we made more for 2nd helpings, my 6 year old helped me make it. NB: This can be topped with a simple guacomole (mashed avocado with a bit of garlic and onion) for extra flavour and nutrition.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans
- 1⁄4 onion, minced or grated
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 15 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Place one tortilla on pizza tray. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with a 2nd tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Put "crusts" in oven to pre-bake at 375F/180C for 5 minutes.
- While that's pre-baking, mix together mushrooms, olives, and corn in a strainer and let sit to remove liquid.
- While they drain, mash the beans (to disguise them from picky kids). Add garlic powder to taste, diced tomato, and minced onions.
- When crust is ready, top with bean mixture, then vegetable mix. Top with more cheese.
- Bake another few minutes until cheese is melted.