Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you don't like your Yams or Sweet Potatoes covered in Marshmallow,than this recipe is for you!!.Make sure you add the lime zest at the end.
- 4 large yams or 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 small lime, zest of
- 1 dash salt
- Roast Yams/Sweet potatoes @ 375 for 45 minute.
- Peel Bananas and quarter.
- Roast Bananas in greased pan @ 375 10 minute.
- Scoop out Yams from skins.
- add Bananas to Yams/Sweet Potatoes.
- add remaining ingredients (not zest).
- whip Yam/Potato mixture until creamy.
- Grate Zest of lime over top of mixture.
This is an excellent dish, made it for a mother's day pot luck and everybody enjoyed it. Thanks for posting, this is a definite keeper.