- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum (I like to use Meyer's Dark Rum.)
- 1 cup pecans (Two cups are better. I like to toast the pecans first.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the corn syrup, molasses, salt, nutmeg, and rum; and mix thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whole beating.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Cover the pie crust edges with a long piece of aluminum foil to avoid scorching.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.