Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe uses maple syrup, not corn syrup!It's a version that's less sweet than other pecan pies. Please enjoy!! You can also make your own crust.
- Pie Filling:.
- Bake pecans at 350°F for about 7 minutes, until fragrant and slightly dark.
- Cook butter over high heat for about 4-5 minutes, until it begins to have a nutty aroma.
- Grind or chop 1/4 cup of pecan.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs to blend, add pecans (ground), pecan halves, butter, flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, until center is set. Let stand and cool before serving.
- Pie Crust:.
- Combine flour and sugar, add butter and cut into small pieces. Work into small crumbs.
- Add egg yolk.
- Press down on a 10" tart pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 25-30 minutes, until golden pale. Let stand for a day.
This pie was fantastic!! For anyone who loves Pecan Pie but can only eat a sliver because it's so darn sweet, THIS is the pie for you. Be forewarned, you may just want to eat the whole thing now!! I can't say anything negative about it or anything that needs to be changed....just perfect!!!