Recipe by juliet9190
This recipe uses maple syrup, not corn syrup!It's a version that's less sweet than other pecan pies. Please enjoy!! You can also make your own crust.
Top Review by klemm2
This pie was fantastic!! For anyone who loves Pecan Pie but can only eat a sliver because it's so darn sweet, THIS is the pie for you. Be forewarned, you may just want to eat the whole thing now!! I can't say anything negative about it or anything that needs to be changed....just perfect!!!
- 1 3⁄4 pecan halves
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 inches pie crusts
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pie Filling:.
- Bake pecans at 350°F for about 7 minutes, until fragrant and slightly dark.
- Cook butter over high heat for about 4-5 minutes, until it begins to have a nutty aroma.
- Grind or chop 1/4 cup of pecan.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs to blend, add pecans (ground), pecan halves, butter, flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, until center is set. Let stand and cool before serving.
- Pie Crust:.
- Combine flour and sugar, add butter and cut into small pieces. Work into small crumbs.
- Add egg yolk.
- Press down on a 10" tart pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 25-30 minutes, until golden pale. Let stand for a day.