Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This isn't the same-old pasta salad.
- 12 ounces uncooked rotini pasta, can use any medium pasta shape
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, could use plain
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion
- 1 large tart apple, diced
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, use more if you like.......I like
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with very cold water.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayo and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cooked, cooled pasta, ham, celery, onion, apple and blue cheese.
- Pour in the yogurt/mayo/lemon juice dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Stir again when ready to serve.
- Serve on large lettuce leaves; if desired.